Fear 5 March 2021



5 March 2021

Fear



What is fear, and how does it dominate my life

Stopping me from truly connecting with my world,

So that I live hidden deep within myself

Instead of flying free as a flag unfurled?


Is my first thought when making plans

Is it safe, will I get hurt, or perhaps die?

How often do I just stop and huddle in fear

Making excuses why it is dangerous even to try?


Why do I fear to reach out to someone with a creative plan

Which which might well make a mess and fail,

We might have fun and get to know each other better

Even if we don’t necessarily live to tell the tale.


So what is the purpose of living in our complex, interconnected world

As we each strive to make our own corner safe and secure,

Keeping out rejection, endings, death – and all other risks

So we can rest safely closeted, with everything tidy and pure?


I would like to learn to look these fears in the face

So I can clearly see them as the barriers they are

Between the isolated life they wish I would live,

And a fascinating, entangled world where I can reach for a star.


The key to making these magical steps away from my fears

And to truly connect with myself in a deeper sense

Is to simply trust that the path I am on is where I should be

And to commit myself to live openly and joyfully without pretence.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rush of Time 12 Feb 2021

Harmony, Hubris, Fear – and Contentment

Commensalism - the way not to see our world!!