Into Entanglement

 

27 November 2020


Into Entanglement


Confusion strikes as I start my journey inside

Seeking clarity about my muddled web of life.

I see that everything is connected

To all that is good – but also to all our strife.


I cannot just choose to live as I want

As we have many different views all tangled together

Though it would be simpler if we were all like me

In reality it is a huge muddle – just like the weather.


Just as I can never control the weather

I cannot change what others thinking

There is no such thing as a single truth

It’s annoying enough to drive one to drinking.


We all have many precious needs and values

Which we share, despite many differences and views

Laughter, joy, friendship, beauty, peace, and more

Are they also part of our entangled web to use as we choose?


Is it possible to look at our troubled, confused world

As an entangled web of all our challenges and fears

With the centre a haven for nature and the best in life

To give us support and strength through all our years.


So when I feel entangled in the hopelessness of it all

I can look gently into this central heart space

And know that despite the entangled outer mess

I can find peace and joy in this inner place.


I must not fear connections as they are basic to all life

And I cannot live separate and free in my own little space,

I am part of all nature and its complex entangled webs,

I choose to be part of it with joy, gratitude, and grace.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rush of Time 12 Feb 2021

Commensalism - the way not to see our world!!

Joyce's Bird Poems